Let’s Fix Traffic
Join the effort to build sustainable cities:
- Sign-up for a monthly newletter.
- Design networks for your community. JPods will provide funding for viable networks with you as a Co-Founder.
- Get US policy makers must allow innovation to make your cities safer and consume less energy. Link to 5×5 Standard Rights of Way Agreement
- 10X greater capacity
- 10X less land use
- 3,000X greater safety
- Other 10X benefits
Cleaner, Faster, Safer, Affordable™
On-demand mobility regardless of age, ability, or wealth:
- No riding with strangers preempt security costs.
- Non-stop from origin to destination cuts energy costs 95%.
- No waiting saves time wasted waiting to be picked up.
- Grade-separation (freeway) preempts accidents, congestion, repetitive start-stops.
- Self-driving pods removes driver errors.
- Solar collectors over the guideway assure energy self-reliance.
Have you ever wasted time waiting for a bus, train, or taxi? In JPOds networks vehicles wait for you. As you approach the station your phone app talks with the network to assure a vehicle is waiting for you.
You do not need to know which color/number of train or bus. You do not need to worry about which side of the platform to get on. You simply get into the vehicle, and the pod knows how to navigate to your destination.
JPods Solar-powered Mobility Networks
In 1910 Thomas Edison noted that “Sunshine is spread out thin and so is electricity. Perhaps they are the same, Sunshine is a form of energy, and the winds and the tides are manifestations of energy… Do we use them? Oh, no! We burn up wood and coal, as renters burn up the front fence for fuel. We live like squatters, not as if we owned the property…. There must surely come a time when heat and power will be stored in unlimited quantities in every community, all gathered by natural forces. Electricity ought to be as cheap as oxygen….”
JPods solar-powered mobility networks will change economic lifeblood from oil to ingenuity by solar-powering urban mobility within a solar budget.
Solar-collectors mounted over JPods rails gather 25,000 vehicle-miles of power per mile of rail per day. The distributed nature of transportation networks can power urban mobility within a solar budget. No emissions, no pollution, no resource depletion, just sunshine.
Since being built as a solution to the 1973 Oil Embargo, Morgantown’s PRT has delivered 110 million injury-free, oil-free passenger-miles. In that same period approximately 1.6 million Americans were killed on the DOT highway monopoly. DOT cannot stop highway deaths, but they can end their monopoly that stifles deployment of safer networks.