- TAXI PODS MAY COME TO BENGALURU FASTER THAN BBMP CAN FIX THE POTHOLES
- BENGALURU: TENDER PLEA FOR A POD
- Oct 2017, WHAT POTHOLES? BBMP GETS IISC OK, WILL ROLL OUT THE PODS
- Oct 16, 2017, Pod taxis in bengaluru soon! – NEWS9. Interview with BBMP Commissioner
- Pothole deaths
More of what is failing will likely fail. Radically more efficient and safer transportation networks are well understood. JPods, the Physical Internet®, combines the efficiency of freight railroads with the on-demand service of the Internet:
- The 140,000 miles of freight railroads in the US average 476 ton-miles per gallon, or about 140 times the efficiency that highways move a person.
- Since it opened in 1975 as a solution to the 1973 Oil Embargo, the Personal Rapid Transit network in Morgantown, WV has delivered 110 million oil-free, injury-free passenger-miles. In that same period, 1.7 million Americans died on highways. Letter and videos on Morgantown.
- Theme parks, regulated by the ASTM, F24 standards have an injury-rate of 4.5 people per million. DOTs have a death rate of 106 per million.
- Wuppertal’s suspended train carries about 25 million passengers per year. It went into operation in 1903. Since 1903 there has been one fatal crash.
Bengaluru is adopting the Solar Mobility Act concept:
Payback. Why private capital will invest:
- PRT network in Morgantown pays for itself every 5 year, independent audit in 2010.
- Congressional Office of Technology Assessment, 1974
- 10X Benefits
Resistence to innovation is illustrated by this 1968 video, The Mother of All Demos.
Ravi and Irwin on a one-hour TV discussion with government officials and experts on building PRT in Bangalore.
Prime Law of Networks: The value of a network increases exponentially based on the number of interconnected nodes.
Increasing the number of nodes, decreases travel times.
Matrix network in the Whitefield area of Bangalore.