Frank Pao Innovations
- Aesthetic Green Power.com for manufacturing and sales
- SPD Labs LLC for licencing manufacturing
- BITERS Application Notes
Frank Pao explaining Future House on the left to then Secretaries of Commerce and Energy (Locke and Chu). Future House was the US entry, and the only entry to achieve Net Zero, in an international competition held in conjunction with the Beijing Olympics.
BITERS® has multiple levels of payback:
- The solar collection system is the weather barrier for the roof. The risk of patching solar collectors through shingles is preempted.
- PhotoVoltaics (PV) gather electricity as efficienty as other PV systems. See the images of China House below. It was a net zero home built as part of the Beijing Olympics. Most homes have the capacity to be energy self-reliant.
- Solar thermal mounted under the PV.
- Gathers 1.5 to 2.5 times the energy of the PV for all but the worst months of winter.
- Removes heat from the attic, reducing the expense of air conditioning.
- Removes the heat from the PV system keeping efficiencies up. Electricity collection decreases as panels heat up on a daily basis and PV panels age faster is heat is not removed.
- Aesthetics are important. Homes should be both functional and beautiful.
Construction illustratation. The collectors are the roof and hot water system.
US China House was built as part of a contest at the Beijing Olympics for countries to show energy self-reliance. The Atlantis Energy Systems collection system was combined with a geothermal stoage system to create the only entry that was entirely Net Zero energy.
Illustration of other Atlantis Energy roofs/energy systems.
Atlantis build the collection system for the lighting over MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands.
JPods will use Solar Light Play™ to provide weather protection and aesthics in our stations. This is similar to the collection system at MetLife stadium.
Solar can be beautifully integrated into skins and community spaces of commerical buildings.