According the government data, the people of Florida spend about $48.1 billion per year for traffic:
- $24.3 billion per year for foreign oil (note burning this is risking Climate Change. Those costs are not included).
- $19.9 billion per year for accidents (who has an accident is random, that accidents will kill 2,400 is a design characteristic of the highway network in Florida. This is higher in 2015 and 2016).
- $5.9 billion per year for congestion.
Build the Physical Internet®.
Change economic lifeblood from oil to ingenuity. Convert traffic congestion into jobs, customer savings, and profit by building the Physical Internet®. JPods is the Local Area Network aspect of tthe Physical Internet. Hyperloop and ET3 will cross connect cities in the Physical Internet.
Convert Waste into Profit and Customer Savings
MassDOT data of cost and pollution per passenger-mile for various modes of transportation.
Restore Liberty to Innovate and Choose between Innovations
Adopt the Solar Mobility Act to restore free markets.
Liberty is society’s tolerance of disruptive minorities. There is no minority as tiny and disruptive as commercial innovators. Restore liberty so innovators can offer cleaner, faster, safer, affordable™ mobility networks. Restore liberty so people can choose, in free markets, between cleaner, faster, safer, affordable mobility networks. As with the near century of rotary telephones under Federal monopoly, it is the unconstitutional Federal highway monopoly that protects highways with the efficiency of the Model-T from competition.
Following are Route-Time maps of travel times in Orlando once free markets are restored. From the Red Cross, by walking and riding on the JPods networks areas in:
- Green can be reached in 5 minutes.
- Blue can be reached in 10 minutes.
- Yellow can be reached in 20 minutes.
- Red can be reached in 30 minutes.
From 2007 Presentation in Orlando
Build on Success of Morgantown’s Personal Rapid Transit Network
Morgantown PRT opened in 1975 and has delivered 110 million injury-free passenger miles. By all accounts the Morgantown PRT has been an absolute success. Link to a 1977 video of that success two years after the PRT opened.. Below is a letter from the Mayor or Morgantown explaining the benefits PRT has provided to his city.