- Memorandum of Understanding, the 5X5 Standard allows innovators to take risk to define sustainable transportation networks for your community. As pending in the Massachusetts Legislature, S-2159.
- Franchise Agreement is a fundable agreement that implements the 5X5 Standard using the standard agreement used by cities to authorize other networks that serve the public good such as cell towers, Internet providers, and power companies.
- Understand the benefits of podcar or PRT networks:
- Build a team –
- Get people in the community involved in designing networks:
- RouteTime™ software for estimating network capabilities and costs.
- 3D-JPods to create 3D models of JPods networks for visualization in GoogleEarth.
- Video on the 10 benefits of solar powered mobility
- Garden Girls Presentation to Fremont City Council
- TEDx Atlanta talk
- Converting $20 billion per year into value of the $35.8 billion the people of New Jersey spend on traffic.
- Converting $9 billion per year into value of the $15.9 billion the people of Massachusetts spend on traffic.
- Traffic videos
SkyRide on the Carnival Vista. Carnival ordered for a second ship.
- Green Screen Videos
- Pamphlet on the JPods experience
- 2-Page Summary of JPodsMadison, Federalist #62:
What prudent merchant will hazard his fortunes in any new branch of commerce when he knows not but that his plans may be rendered unlawful before they can be executed? What farmer or manufacturer will lay himself out for the encouragement given to any particular cultivation or establishment, when he can have no assurance that his preparatory labors and advances will not render him a victim to an inconstant government? In a word, no great improvement or laudable enterprise can go forward which requires the auspices of a steady system of national policy.
Recognize the importance of liberty and proper roll of governments:
- Recognize the difference between community and governments:
- We gather into communities to collaborate and cooperate to optimize our ability to profit, to add more value than our cost to compete.
- We create governments to monopolize violence to coerce compliance with law.
- Recognize the Constitution’s Divided Sovereignty:
- Federal: Effectively wage war when necessary and coerce behaviors that create paths to war when possible.
- State and Local: Police criminal behaviors and resolve civil disputes. Federalist #10 explains the importance of diverse state economies to preventing a Tyranny of the Majority.
- Recognize that the nature of innovation and governments are incompatible:
- Governments monopolize violence to coerce compliance with law.
- Innovation is a disruptive compliance failure.
- The near century of rotary telephones under Federal monopoly illustrates how government stifles innovation. After the Rule of Law, enforcing the Constitution, was restored in 1982, millions of jobs were created delivering better services at lower costs.
- The Federal highway monopoly wiped out half the freight railroads and created Civilization Killers of oil-wars, oil-dollar funded terrorism, Climate Change, $20 trillion in debt, etc….
- Success of Morgantown’s PRT network has been blocked by DOT policies:
- Recognize that liberty is the source of the general welfare as two aspects intertwine in a Darwinian crucible of Creative Destruction:
- Offering of Choices: Liberty is society’s tolerance of a disruptive minority offering choices. Commercial innovators are often a minority of one and disrupt entire sectors of the economy.
- Sorting Choices: Liberty of each of us to choose between choices in usufruct capitalism, free markets with all costs capitalized into price, aggregates the wisdom. Choices offered fail or are promoted based on value to self-interest.