- Elon Musk gets OK to begin digging for Hyperloop project in Maryland
JPods and podcar networks
- Channel 9 Good News for Bengalurians
- Bengaluru TV coverage
- JPods section starts at about 10:20.
- LaGuardia Airport.
- The Most Expensive Mile of Subway Track on Earth
- How Politics and Bad Decisions Starved New York’s Subways
Access to resources:
- Students with and without the Internet: https://www.facebook.com/JungleVT/videos/2002463276562171/
Yuan and Oil
- OPEC compliance soars to record – Bloomberg, Dec 16, 2017
- Non-Dollar Trading Is Killing the Petrodollar — And the Foundation of U.S.-Saudi Policy in the Middle East
- The Yuan Could Replace The U.S. Petrodollar As World’s Reserve Currency – And That’s Bullish For Gold
- China’s Gold-Backed Oil Futures: A Threat To The U.S. Dollar, A Boon For Gold
- Dollar value drop? China will ‘compel’ Saudi Arabia to trade oil in yuan
- China’s Push to Trade Oil in Yuan Faces a Key Hurdle
- China will ‘compel’ Saudi Arabia to trade oil in yuan — and that’s going to affect the US dollar
Bob Lutz: Kiss the good times goodbye
‘Everyone will have 5 years to get their car off the road or sell it for scrap’
Anger builds over pollution in New Delhi
Delhi pollution: Every breath you take
From premature births and underweight children to a flare-up in arthritis to increased risk of stroke. A report on how the city’s air has become a silent killer.
New Delhi’s pollution is off the charts — and it’s making residents ill
Wealth from the Many to the Few
- History Suggests the Hyperloop Is an Uncertain Promise for Future Cities
- In the 1950s, city planners used hyperbole when they suggested that highways could act as a panacea, unclogging the arteries of unhealthy cities. Many of these federally-funded highway projects decimated African-American communities. Automobiles and highways led to suburbanization and urban decline.
- How to Decimate a City
- Stent (or Dagger?) in the Heart of Town: Urban Freeways in Syracuse, 1944-1967